If you are in the market right now for a PC, you can be eligible for a very inexpensive upgrade to Windows 8 once it is released. This is a great deal and one which I would suggest you keep in mind.
See if you may be eligible for this offer….
The offer is for customers (e.g. Home users, students, and enthusiasts) who purchase a qualified PC. A qualified PC is a new PC purchased during the promotional period with a valid Windows 7 OEM Certificate of Authenticity and product key for, and preinstalled with:
- Windows 7 Home Basic;
- Windows 7 Home Premium;
- Windows 7 Professional; or
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
The promotional price is limited to one upgrade offer per PC purchased, and a maximum limit of five upgrade offers per customer.
You must purchase a qualified Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 to be eligible for this offer. The last day to register and order your Windows 8 upgrade is February 28, 2013.
- Eligible customers must register for the Windows Upgrade Offer through this website by February 28, 2013.
- After customer registration and Microsoft validation, customers will receive a registration confirmation email.
- Upon the General Availability (GA) and release of Windows 8, customers will receive an email with a promotion code and instructions for purchasing and downloading the software. The promotion code will be redeemed during the upgrade ordering process to receive the promotional price.
- Customers will be able to purchase a downloadable version of Windows 8 Pro. An optional installation DVD is available for an additional fee, plus shipping and any applicable taxes or duties. Customers can also choose to create their own installation media on DVD or USB media after downloading Windows 8.
This offer requires internet connectivity for registering and ordering. Note: telephone or other access charges may apply.
Each upgrade license will apply to only one PC and may only be installed on PCs with a valid base license to a qualifying operating system (i.e., Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7).
While the offer will be limited to eligible customers who purchase a qualified PC, the upgrade may be installed on any compatible Windows-based PC with a qualifying operating system. Visit http://windows.com for information about Windows 8 minimum requirements. Customers should visit their PC manufacturer’s website for more information about how to upgrade their PC to Windows 8, including updated software and drivers.
The purchase of Windows 8 includes 90-days of no-charge support from Microsoft. The 90-day period begins when Windows 8 installation and activation is complete (Telephone or other access charges may apply).
What information will I need to provide in order to be considered eligible for the Windows Upgrade Offer?
You should expect to provide information such as:
- Contact Details
- Email address
- Phone Number
- PC purchase details
- PC make / model
- Purchase date
- Retailer / PC Manufacturer
Additional information may be requested to enable your registration to be validated, including the Windows 7 product key for your qualified PC.