The Lexmark Pro5500 is a really solid business class inkjet printer. All our old preconceptions of the limitations of inkjet printers go out the window when looking at these new class of inkjet printers. Priced at $399 the Pro5500 is fast and inexpensive to operate. This is a multifunction printer with Print, Scan, Copy and Fax functions that is network ready with wireless AirPrint capabilities.
- Legal-sized Flatbed Scanner
- 4.3” touch screen with SmartSolutions
- Fast laser-quality printing: 21/14 ipm
- 300 sheet tray
- Optional 550 sheet tray takes the paper input capacity to 850 sheet total
- Automatic duplex printing up to legal size
- After market High Yield cartridges provide 2500 b/w 1600 color pages per cartridge
- Business class fax with duplex and backup memory (up to 900 pages)
- Network Ready: Ethernet & Wireless N
- 50 Sheet ADF with single pass duplex scan
- Front USB port & media card reader
- Solid and reliable- 30k page duty cycle
- Cost per page: 1.5/7.9 cents BW/Color
I have one of the earlier Pro901’s but I really want to replace it with this one. Just the duplex scanning feature alone makes it worthwhile as well as the AirPrint capability. Take a look at the demo video below.